Laser Therapy for Low Back Pain
Back pain can range from a dull, constant ache to a sudden, sharp pain that makes it hard to move. It can start quickly if you fall or lift something too heavy, or it can get worse slowly.
Laser therapy for low back pain is proven, effective, and rapid treatment for low back pain.
Thinking about surgery, or dealt with failed steroid injections? There is a drug-free and surgery-free alternative to dealing with your low back pain.
Give the office a call and schedule your initial consultation to find out how Deep Tissue Laser Therapy treatments can work for you.
Who Gets Back Pain?
Anyone can have back pain, but some things that increase your risk are:
- Getting older. Back pain is more common the older you get. You may first have back pain when you are 30 to 40 years old.
- Poor physical fitness. Back pain is more common in people who are not fit.
- Being overweight. A diet high in calories and fat can make you gain weight. Too much weight can stress the back and cause pain.
- Heredity. Some causes of back pain, such as ankylosing spondylitis, a form of arthritis that affects the spine, can have a genetic component.
- Other diseases. Some types of arthritis and cancer can cause back pain.
- Your job. If you have to lift, push, or pull while twisting your spine, you may get back pain. If you work at a desk all day and do not sit up straight, you may also get back pain.
- Smoking. Your body may not be able to get enough nutrients to the disks in your back if you smoke. Smoker’s cough may also cause back pain. People who smoke are slow to heal, so back pain may last longer.
What Are the Causes of Back Pain?
There are many causes of back pain. Mechanical problems with the back itself can cause pain. Examples are:
- Disc breakdown
- Tense muscles
- Ruptured discs
- Nerve inflammation
Injuries from sprains, fractures, accidents, and falls can result in back pain.
Back pain can also occur with some conditions and diseases, such as:
- Spinal stenosis
Laser Therapy Treatment for Low Back Pain
High-powered Deep Tissue Laser Therapy treatments work rapidly to ease patient discomfort and accelerate healing.
Art of Health Chiropractic offers the most powerful Deep Tissue Laser Therapy system in any Nashville Chiropractor's office. This high-powered laser allows for faster healing time and reduced treatment plans.
According to Spine-health.com, utilizing laser therapy treatments "results in normalizing damaged or injured tissue, a reduction in pain, inflammation, edema and an overall reduction in healing time by increasing cellular metabolism."
As mentioned above, many of the reasons people have low back pain are due to muscle spasms, local inflammation from nerve irritation, and disc herniations. The Deep Tissue Laser Therapy addresses all of those symptoms, quickly.
Even if you have never been to a chiropractor before, or do not even want to be adjusted - Laser Therapy is for you. Many times our patients progress rapidly with only the laser therapy and therapeutic exercises.
Before considering surgery or steroid injections, call the office and schedule a consultation to see how laser therapy can work for you.
Dr. Callie Gant and Dr. Michael Buczynski founded Art of Health Chiropractic with the goal of creating a happier, healthier Nashville. Feel free to call the office at 615-953-7544 with any questions or to schedule your first appointment.